Tuesday, March 24

Shane & Shane Concert

So, have you ever watched a concert from the sound board? God blessed me this past Sunday evening and I got to! This may sound weird and quirky... it is, but I don't care. That's how God made me. I like sound!!! Shane & Shane played at Fairview Baptist Church in Greer Sunday. Jess, Glendaliz, I got their about an hour early to make sure we could get our tickets and a good seats for everyone (kinda felt like NA all over again... except no one was running). Having never been there before, we parked in the back lot of the church. A kind lady walked us all the way up front to the entrance (it was a bit of a walk up the winding hallway). We met the Youth pastor while buying our tickets. We found out that he knew a couple people from our church, including Cesar. Right after the tickets were bought, we noticed a line forming outside... and no one being allowed to come in. We felt kinda bad for "sneaking in" the back door. The Youth pastor said that wasn't a problem and "Any friends of Cesar's" could wait inside. :) Sweet!

The doors to the auditorium were open and we could hear the band practicing. I really wanted to watch the rehearse and see Fairview's set-up. So, I asked the Youth pastor if I could watch, promising I would not save any seats. ;) He let me go in and watch Shane & Shane rehearse! So fun. The best part of it was that the sound guys actually had a number of problems. I found much evil delight in that fact... and I wasn't responsible for any of it! :) Later, after they were done practicing, the "crowd" rushed in, Jessica about number 3 in line. That's my girl!

I really wanted to go up the the sound "nest" and see the church's board. After struggling with my pride, I again went up to the Youth pastor and asked if I could look at their stuff. Again, he graciously said yes and led the way up the back stairs, across the second story walk-way and out to the "nest." It was so fun to see! They had a whole rack of 10-15 wireless units, all blinking their little signal lights on and off. The digital board and light consul took up a good bit of the table room. The three sound/media techs were very kind and actually let me stay up there for the concert, along with answering any of my questions. Needless to say, I had a blast! That's one of the biggest reasons I like to actually go to concerts... look at the sound equipment, watch the lighting and video stuff, and listen to the bass speaker boom as it literally vibrates your insides. :) Fun times! I was immensely blessed by God's particular (and sovereignly ordained) kindness to that night. He is so good and kind and merciful. I certainly don't deserve it!

I was so impressed by Shane & Shane. Their focus was God and His gospel. They had fun and were goofy, but that wasn't their point. They didn't show off and draw attention to themselves. They were there to glorify God and draw attention to Him. Half of the evening was spent just worshipping... singing to our God and King; our Savior and Lover of our souls. It was such an encouraging concert and pointed my gaze to my Savior. Thanks, God, for a wonderful time!

Afterwards the singles and McCarnans all went to Applebee's for a 10:00pm dinner. We had a wonderful time of fellowship and laughing. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds like it was a lot of fun! :)

Lainers said...

Lighting affects are fun :)
hey Danielle... "What about the lights? The cues are to the other soooonnnnnng..."
(movie quote) ;)

Anonymous said...

Very cool! This is wild. We had friends come up from Asheville this past weekend and he was talking about Shane and Shane. He actually sang with them a few weeks ago. He said he loved their music too and how the lyrics are Gospel centered! Glad you enjoyed all the blinking lights...too funny!
Kelli