Tuesday, April 28

I'm Still Alive

Yeah, I'm still here. It's been a crazy month or so. We've had two sets of company (and they stay in my bedroom... which I love being able to give up for a couple days in order to bless someone!). And my grandparents are coming in like 1 1/2 weeks. And the week after we head off to Next for 4 glorious days! Needless to say, I've been a bit busy. But, it's all been good. This evening I spent a couple hours shoveling dirt. I had lots of fun! :) Yes, I did... honest. We're getting our garden ready to plant. Dad & Mom ordered this ginormous mound of dirt. The people we ordered it from quoted us a wrong amount I think, 'cause we still have a LOT of dirt left. Wow!

God is good and continues to show Himself faithful to me, even when I'm unfaithful and faithless. I'm so glad He chose me to be His very own and saved me, though I so don't deserve it! I love getting to know God, and know Him in such an intimate way. Wow! That really is grace. I am saved by grace alone through faith alone.

I realized today that Next is only 3 1/2 weeks away! Yayness! I really want to start praying about the conference: the people going from my church, the speakers, the admin staff and the huge amounts of work that they're putting into this, the trip up and back (yay for a charter bus!), safety, 4 glorious days of simply focusing my heart on my Savior without the distractions of normal life (normal life is good, don't get me wrong... it is nice to have a break every now and then), my own heart and what God wants to teach me, how can I serve those around me, how can I earnestly love those I'm traveling with, how can I be humble and open to whatever God has in store for me, how can I enjoy the fellowship and fun that God will provide?! Those are just some thoughts running through my heart and head. I would covet your prayers!

Ok. There's my little update. Yay for CG tomorrow night. I so love "my kiddos."

1 comment:

Lainers said...

I hope you have so much fun at Next! Good to hear from you again.
ps: when we have company, they sleep in my room too. lol ;)