Wednesday, April 15

My Boy

I'm so grateful to God for my brother! He's such a joy and specific means of God's grace. I've been struck lately at how much he is maturing and growing into a godly young man. The other night we said goodnight as we passed eachother in the hallway. Jimmy stopped turned around and embraced me in a huge hug. He then proceeded to ask me how I was feeling (our fam has been having some allergy stuff lately) and made sure I was ok. I was deeply blessed by Jim's tender care for me. That same night I had a situation in which I wasn't quite sure what to do... nothing big, but I still wasn't sure. I asked Jimmy his opinion and he lovingly lead in that specific situation. It made my life easier. I'm so thankful God has provided leadership in my life. It's a privilage to the one Jimmy gets to practice on as he prepares to lead his wife one day. Bud, I love you so very much and am so grateful to God for you. You're one of my bestest friends and I can't imagine what my life would be without you! I can't wait to see what God has in store for you. Keep focusing on our Savior. Thanks for seeking to glorify the Lord in all you do. Thanks for seeking to keep your heart pure. Thanks for serving and loving me. Thanks for your unselfishness and patience. I love you!

6 comments:

Lainers said...

*sniff sniff*
awwww that's adorable.
You're lucky that you were blessed with a nice brother...
He needs to have a talk with mine!

Lainers said...

Hey Katie... I noticed that you don't have a picture at the top of your blog.... I don't know if that's because you dont want one, or just dont have one...either way, I was wondering.... would you mind if I made you one??? It's what I like to do. You don't have to say yes. I was just thinking about you. :)
***Lainers***

KB said...

Sure! Go ahead... I'd love to see what you come up with. I don't know if I'll use it or not. I'm normally pretty simple in my tastes. ;)

Lainers said...

Well I will send you them :) there's 6 to choose from!

Lainers said...

er 7 actually lol

Unknown said...

WOW! That's so cool. We miss you guys!