Thursday, February 19

Heart-Focusing Scripture

I'm reading the book Because He Loves Me by Elyse Fitzpatrick. Wonderful book! She has almost an entire chapter's worth of Scripture. Here's a section that I read yesterday morning. This really encouraged my soul. The Holy Spirit used these passages to draw my gaze back upwards, towards Him. I pray that they do the same for any that read them here! What an awesome Savior I get to serve! How I pray that I would continue to learn to glorify Him better and stop being so consumed and focused on myself. Thank You, Jesus, for dying for these very sins!!!!!!!

"For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God." - Colossians 3:3

"And he said to them, “Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He has risen; he is not here. See the place where they laid him." - Mark 16:6

"And you were dead in the trespasses and sins... But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved..." - Ephesians 2:1, 4-5 

"Now if we have died with Christ, we believe that we will also live with him. We know that Christ, being raised from the dead, will never die again; death no longer has dominion over him. For the death he died he died to sin, once for all, but the life he lives he lives to God. So you also must consider yourselves dead to sin and alive to God in Christ Jesus." 

"There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." - Romans 8:1

"Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or danger, or sword? For I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord." - Romans 8:35, 38-39

"Then he said to Thomas, “Put your finger here, and see my hands; and put out your hand, and place it in my side. Do not disbelieve, but believe." - John 20:27

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very encouraging post. God's Word has a way of focusing us on Him and not ourselves.