Tuesday, February 17

Saturday, Part 2 & Sunday

Ok. So here's the rest of my Saturday story. Emily, Jess, and I got to Gordon's house (where the dinner was held) at 6:00pm. Barry was a bit confused as to why we were there. "You know it's at 7:00pm, right?" So, we headed over to Starbucks and CrossWay to while away the hour. When we got there later, the boys were ready for us. The tables were set with red table cloths, candles, and utensils. After they got our drink orders, the salads were brought. I had ranch dressing and black olives on my tossed greens. Yum! The steaks, baked potatoes, and warm rolls came next. For desert we had Rice Krispy Treats and Red Velvet Cake. It was all so delicious! We each took home a red rose. The guys did such a good job displaying Christ's love as they served and blessed their sisters. Thank guys! You did an awesome job!

Sunday- I got to spend the afternoon and evening with one of my favorite families- the Naisangs! We went with the Lowrimores to Tony's Pizza. Then we headed back to the Naisang's for an hour or so of snoozing and reading. :) James, Kelli, and Joshua left for CrossCurrent at about 4:20pm. The kids (Boaz, Micah, Abbi, and Esther) and I had a fun evening. While the boys played the Wii, Abbi & Esther made them brownies. Abbi topped them off with a pool of chocolate sauce. :) Needless to say, the boys were pretty excited. Then we had a Treasure Hunt. They had to do silly little things and then follow the clues to there surprise- Fruit Roll-ups. I didn't realize Fruit-Roll-ups could make 4 children so excited. Esther decided she wanted to put the whole 1/2 piece that I'd given her into her tiny mouth all at once. While they ate their snack, including popped corn, we watched 2 episodes of Roy Rogers. Bed time came next. Esther did a wonderful job! She stayed in her new bed in Abbi's room and didn't get up. When I peeked in their room a little later, she was sound asleep. I love those kids!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So funny about Esther putting the the whole half in her tiny little mouth. The kids had a blast. They love time with Katie. By the way, I really like the name of your blog. It makes me smile. Love you!